Here are the secrets to my superhero mentality:
1) First and foremost, God comes first in all aspects of my life. This has not always been the case for me, but five years ago I found truth and hope that cannot be surpassed by anything in this tangible world! I am not ashamed or afraid to tell everyone what my faith has done for me, and without Him, I really do not know where I would be today, but most definitely not where I am! I will save my testimony for another blog :)
2) I focus on what I love and where my heart leads me. I do not see any of my endeavors as something "I have to do", but what "I want to do". I put my all into everything and I move forward despite any obstacles. I do not settle for anything, rather I choose my pursuits willingly and eagerly based on the gifts that I was given.
3) I do not compare myself to anyone else. Every individual has been afforded their own unique talents and gifts and no two people are the same. I do not live my life based on others, but based on what moves me and what I was made to do. On that same note, I ignore the "haters". As I always tell my kids, not everyone is going to like you, nor will everyone agree with what you do, but we were not placed on this Earth to impress others! No matter what negativity may come my way, I smile and move forward without even flinching!
4) I stay humble. I am not above anyone and I always remember where I came from. I do not strive to be better than everyone, but I strive to be the best at what I do and to help others to do the same.
5) I am optimistic! I always hear my dad's voice echoing in my head, "always think positively and learn from your mistakes!". No matter what trials I face, I remember that things could always be worse. I am always moving forward, never backwards. As the great vocalist Wintley Phipps stated, "if the mountain were smooth, you couldn't climb it"!
So there you have it! This is how I do it.....